Showing our “True Colors” as part of National Coming Out Day for the LGBT+ community and their allies celebrated on Oct. 13.
The week at IUCC
- Sunday, Oct. 13, 9:30 and 11 a.m.: IUCC will remember and celebrate National Coming Out Day in worship with special music and more.
- Sunday, Oct. 13, 2 p.m.: Bowling party for LGBTQ+ and allies at Irvine Lanes.
- Monday, Oct. 14, 6:30 p.m.: Climate Reality Project meeting featuring Irvine City Council member Farrah Khan in Plumer Hall. Information: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/climate-reality-oc-oct
- Monday, Oct. 14, 7 p.m.: Ministries Board meets in Peace-Justice Rooms.
- Tuesday, Oct. 15, 9:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m.: Seekers meet in Plumer Hall.
- Tuesday, Oct. 15, 4 p.m.: Bible Study in the Peace Room. Ken Wyant leads a spirited discussion, often followed by pizza.
- Wednesday, Oct. 16, 7 – 9 p.m.: Anti-Racism discussion in Peace-Justice Rooms.
- Wednesday, Oct. 16, 7 p.m.: Scouts BSA Troop 602 meets in Plumer Hall.
- Thursday, Oct. 17, 7:15 p.m.: Choir rehearsal in the Sanctuary.
Mark your calendars!
Oct. 20: The Youth Group leads both services with the them “Breaking Down Barriers and Respecting Boundaries.” Come and hear our youth and support them as they lead us in worship.
Oct. 27: It’s time for the Annual Trunk-or-Treat event! Please dress up and join in the fun whether young or young at heart! If you would like to host a trunk or have any questions about the event, please contact Aidan at firstname.lastname@example.org
Did you know? You can now sign up to host coffee hours on Sunday mornings by going to Sign Up Genius.
IUCC gets first look at Racist Anonymous method
The answers came quietly from around the room: a childhood friend who stopped being a friend; being called “half-breed” and more; a cross-burning; beloved parents who said people of another race “smelled different” or locked the car doors when driving through certain neighborhoods. The Rev. Ron Buford, pastor of SunnyvaleLearn more
Out and proud at IUCC
Oct. 11 is National Coming Out Day and, on October 13, IUCC will remember and celebrate in worship on Sunday morning (9:30 & 11) and with a bowling party for LGBTQ people and allies, 2 p.m. that afternoon at Irvine Lanes, 3415 Michelson Drive. National Coming Out Day commemorates aLearn more
Job opportunity: Director of Ministries with Young People
IUCC is looking for someone to fill the position of director for the Ministries with Young People. by January 2020. This is a part-time position of 20-25 hours per week. This person will develop, implement and lead programs to attract and engage children, youth, young adults, and young families andLearn more
Registration now open for John Dominic Crossan lectures
Renowned biblical scholar and author John Dominic Crossan will present two lectures on Saturday, Oct. 26, 2019 at Irvine United Congregational Church. Lectures – Adult, $25 Lectures – Student/Senior (65+)$18 Dinner Only, $100 At 9:00 am Crossan will speak on “The Claim of Divine Violence in the Old Testament.” AtLearn more
Need a preview of Sunday's sermon or a review of the ones from previous weeks? Each week Pastor Dave highlights the key points he's thinking about as he prepares for Sunday services. Pastor Dave keeps regular office hours, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. Call the church, 949-733-0220, or e-mail him directly, PastorDave@iucc.org, to set up a convenient time.
There are many ways to connect to others at IUCC from caring for others within IUCC to helping our neighbors near and far to advocating for peace and justice. Visit the Ministries Page to find out how to host a coffee hour, help plan parties, participate in youth activities and much more.