The week at IUCC
- Monday, Sept. 16, 7 p.m.: Administrations Board meets in Peace-Justice rooms.
- Tuesday, Sept. 17, 9:30 a.m.: Seekers meet in Plumer Hall.
- Tuesday, Sept. 17, 4 p.m.: Bible Study in the Peace Room. Ken Wyant leads a spirited discussion, often followed by pizza.
- Wednesday, Sept. 18, 7 p.m.: Scouts BSA Troop 602 meets in Plumer Hall.
- Thursday, Sept. 19, 7:15 p.m.: Choir rehearsal in the Sanctuary.
- Saturday, Sept. 21, 9 a.m.: OC Housing Roundtable meets in Plumer Hall. Fixes for the Future—Housing and Affordability. An industry forum focused on expanding affordable housing options for residents of Orange County. Special guest speaker will include Congresswoman Katie Porter – CA 45. Register here: http://bit.ly/33jkUA0
- Saturday, Sept. 21, 9:30 a.m.: OC Climate Reality Forum meets in the Sanctuary.
- Sunday, Sept. 22: Yoga with Kelly Garrity at 7:30 a.m.(Wisdom Room); Advocates for Peace and Justice meet at 12:15 p.m. (Peace-Justice Rooms); Adult Programs Ministry meets at 12: 15 p.m. (Wisdom Room).
Do your part for the Pastoral Search! Help the Search Committee tell the story of who we are. Take the 10-question survey here.
Did you know? You can now sign up to host coffee hours on Sunday mornings by going to Sign Up Genius.
Registration now open for John Dominic Crossan lectures
Renowned biblical scholar and author John Dominic Crossan will present two lectures on Saturday, Oct. 26, 2019 at Irvine United Congregational Church. Lectures – Adult, $25 Lectures – Student/Senior (65+)$18 Dinner Only, $100 At 9:00 am Crossan will speak on “The Claim of Divine Violence in the Old Testament.” AtLearn more
Pastor Sarah selected to lead congregation in Brea
Update: We’ll celebrate Sarah’s many contributions to IUCC and her new position Sept. 1 during and after each service. Don’t miss this chance to wish her well. Interim Pastor David Pattee and IUCC Moderator Renae Boyum announced today in an email to the congregation that our much loved Assistant PastorLearn more
Peoples Coalition forum focuses on addressing racial disparities in criminal justice system
Implicit bias. Lack of money. Bonds. Fear. Mental illness. Unfair plea deals. These and other factors play into why people of color often find themselves receiving different treatment in the criminal justice system compared to whites. On June 18 at IUCC, the Peoples Coalition presented a forum focusing on what we can do to address such disparitiesLearn more
Need a preview of Sunday's sermon or a review of the ones from previous weeks? Each week Pastor Dave highlights the key points he's thinking about as he prepares for Sunday services. Pastor Dave keeps regular office hours, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. Call the church, 949-733-0220, or e-mail him directly, PastorDave@iucc.org, to set up a convenient time.
There are many ways to connect to others at IUCC from caring for others within IUCC to helping our neighbors near and far to advocating for peace and justice. Visit the Ministries Page to find out how to host a coffee hour, help plan parties, participate in youth activities and much more.