Watch with others at at 9:30 and 11 a.m. each Sunday.
New videos are available here each Sunday beginning with announcements at 9:25 and 10:55 a.m. and can be replayed starting at about noon through the following Sunday (although Facebook sometimes blocks the replay). The service begins with a musical prelude at 9:30 and 11 a.m.. A worship bulletin that you can download and print is available here.
You can also participate in weekly worship at IUCC via our Facebook Page. www.facebook.com/irvineucc.
March bin collection benefits Friendship Shelter
Mission and Service Ministry is honored to place bins on the patio and give the congregation an opportunity to support worthwhile local non-profits. For the month of March, those bins will be used to collect items for Friendship Shelter. Friendship Shelter helps homeless adults achieve self-sufficiency and become more productive membersLearn more
Stepping up for those in need
A big thank you to all who participated in the Mission and Service Ministry January collection for the homeless. Through a contact via Isaiah House, this was the first time that we had designated an entire month for a focused collection and were overwhelmed with the congregation’s gracious support. FriendsLearn more
IUCC, University Synagogue to explore dangerous religious ideas with author Rachel S. Mikva
Irvine United Congregational Church will host Rabbi Rachel S. Mikva, author of “Dangerous Religious Ideas: The Deep Roots of Self-Critical Faith in Judaism, Christianity, and Islam,” for two 45-minute talks with questions on Sunday, March 7, at 1 p.m. The event will take place via Zoom, with sign-ups at iucc.org/register.Learn more
There are many ways to connect to others at IUCC from caring for others within IUCC to helping our neighbors near and far to advocating for peace and justice. Visit the Ministries Page to find out how to stay involved even when we're not meeting in person.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re not getting the Midweek or Friday Update emails from Steve Swope. He can also connect you to information about Zoom meetings
You can make your contribution to IUCC’s work and witness at: https://www.iucc.org/giving/give-online
Meetings and events this week
See the IUCC Calendar for Zoom and other information.
- Walk the labyrinth by making an appointment Monday-Thursday between 10:30 a.m. and 4 p.m. Call (949-733–0220) or email the church office (email@example.com). Or download a labyrinth to trace with your finger. Or try this less complicated version.
- Mission and Service Ministry meets at 6 p.m. Monday, March 1.
- Caring Connections, an agenda-free chance to connect virtually with Pastor Sarah and others is at 4 p.m. each Wednesday throughout Lent. See the Calendar for more details.
- Adult Forum on dangerous religious ideas, featuring author Rachel S. Mikva. More information here.
- Ministries Board meets at 7 p.m. Monday, March 8, via Zoom.
Activities for children, teens and young adults
- Zoom Sunday School for grades K-5, 10:30 a.m. Sundays. Contact David Perez for information and. access.
- Zoom Youth Group (grades 6-12) meets at 1 p.m. Sundays. Contact David Perez for information and access.
- Cub Scout Pack 697 and Boy Scout Troop 602 continue to meet virtually. Find out more, including how to sign up, here.
- Adult Bible Study with Ken Wyant on Tuesdays at 4 p.m. via Zoom conferencing. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to join the lively discussion. A new series on King David starting with 1 Samuel.
- Study the Old Testament beginning with Joshua and Judges on Wednesdays from 7 to 8:15 p.m. via Zoom.
- Chancel Choir get-togethers and Zoom rehearsals Thursday at 7:15 p.m. Contact Director of Music Chris Peterson for more information. Email Chris.
- Virtual Coffee Hours: After each service, about 10:30 a.m. and noon, each Sunday. Via Zoom.
The IUCC prayer chain continues to be active in intercessory prayer during the coronavirus crisis. Prayer requests can be sent through the church office, email@example.com, or to Lorraine Fox, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Steve & Heidi in the office M, T, W, Th – mail, phone messages, etc.
- Steve checking email and phone messages from home on Fridays
- Pastor Sarah in the office Monday-Thursday