Worship service will by in person and on our Facebook page at 9:30 a.m. throughout the summer. Because Facebook has once again changed how it allows videos to display on websites, it’s possible the live streaming will not be available here right at 9:30 (we’re still working on it!). Hit the “play” button on the video and it will take you to the service as it happens. A replay should be available below at 11 a.m. and on YouTube and Facebook. Thank you for your patience as we navigate these changes. The 11 a.m. service will be in person and streamed starting in September.
You can also participate in weekly worship at IUCC via our Facebook Page. www.facebook.com/irvineucc.
Share food, enjoy music with Membership Ministry on Aug. 15
Enjoy a free Pacific Symphony concert while having social time and fun with your IUCC friends. Join the Membership Ministry at Mike Ward Community Park, Woodbridge (just two blocks north of IUCC), with your low-back beach chair; hat, cap, or visor; a side dish or dessert to share, your cutleryLearn more
Help send kids to school with full stomachs, supplies
Families Forward needs pantry and school supplies in July For the past several years, our Mission and Service Ministry has been proud to support Families Forward, among the highest rated programs for the homeless in the United States. They use their donations efficiently and transparently, and they’re located right here inLearn more
There are many ways to connect to others at IUCC from caring for others within IUCC to helping our neighbors near and far to advocating for peace and justice. Visit the Ministries Page to find out how to stay involved even when we're not meeting in person.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re not getting the Midweek or Friday Update emails from Steve Swope. He can also connect you to information about Zoom meetings
You can make your contribution to IUCC’s work and witness at: https://www.iucc.org/giving/give-online
Meetings and events this week
See the IUCC Calendar for Zoom and other information or contact the church office at email@example.com or 949-733–0220. Many meetings are now returning to the IUCC campus, often as hybrid (Zoom and in-person) sessions. Watch for specific information in the Tuesday or Friday emails from Administrative Pastor Steve Swope.
- Diversity and Inclusion Ministry meets Sunday, July 25, at 12:30 p.m. via Zoom.
- Ministry with Young People meets Monday, July 26, at 7 p.m. via Zoom.
Activities for children, teens and young adults
- Hybrid (In person and by Zoom) Sunday School meets at 10 a.m. Sundays.
- ReNew: Summer Spirit Day will be Aug. 15 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. in person. Learn more here.
- Adult Bible Study with Ken Wyant on Tuesdays at 4 p.m. in Peace Room 106. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about the lively discussion.
- Old Testament Survey, exploring Joshua and Judges, meets on Wednesdays from 7 to 8:15 p.m. via Zoom.
- Chancel Choir get-togethers are on hold for the summer but in-person choir is expected to begin in September. Contact Director of Music Chris Peterson for more information on how to join the choir. Email Chris.
- Virtual Coffee Hours: After each service, about 10:30 a.m. and noon, each Sunday. Via Zoom. Coffee hour continues as a virtual event for now.
The IUCC prayer chain continues to be active in intercessory prayer during the coronavirus crisis. Prayer requests can be sent through the church office, email@example.com, or to Lorraine Fox, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Steve & Heidi in the office M, T, W, Th – mail, phone messages, etc.
- Steve checking email and phone messages from home on Fridays
- Pastor Sarah in the office Monday-Thursday