Join us online each Sunday at 9:25 or 10:55 a.m. here and on Facebook.
The previous service or Facebook post displays until the next service begins. Because of issues with content, per Facebook, replaying videos isn’t always immediately available. Worship services also available on YouTube.
New videos are available here each Sunday beginning with announcements at 9:25 and 10:55 a.m. and can be replayed starting at about noon through the following Sunday (although Facebook sometimes blocks the replay). The service begins with a musical prelude at 9:30 and 11 a.m.. A worship bulletin that you can download and print is available here.
You can also participate in weekly worship at IUCC via our Facebook Page. www.facebook.com/irvineucc.
Iranian asylum family needs our help
For several years, members of an Iranian family seeking asylum in the U.S. have been active congregants at IUCC. When we were still able to meet in person, they were ushers, greeters and hospitality providers, and their friendly greetings endear them to many. They now desperately need a reliable, low-pricedLearn more
Spring Congregational Meeting set for May 16; informational forum on May 5
IUCC Moderator Tricia Aynes will call the annual Spring Congregational Meeting to order at 12:15 p.m. Sunday, May 16. In announcing the meeting, which will be held via Zoom thanks to the approval of both the Ministry and Administrative boards, Aynes highlighted key agenda items, including ratification of the 2021-2022Learn more
How to help others others in May
In May, Mission and Service will collect food for Radiant Health Centers, which provides the LBGBTQ+ community with medical services that are compassionate and comprehensive while continuing to serve those with HIV. They also serve the mental health and nutritional needs of the LBGBTQ+ individuals who are economically stressed. LikeLearn more
There are many ways to connect to others at IUCC from caring for others within IUCC to helping our neighbors near and far to advocating for peace and justice. Visit the Ministries Page to find out how to stay involved even when we're not meeting in person.
Email email@example.com if you’re not getting the Midweek or Friday Update emails from Steve Swope. He can also connect you to information about Zoom meetings
You can make your contribution to IUCC’s work and witness at: https://www.iucc.org/giving/give-online
Meetings and events this week
- Mission and Service Ministry meets Monday, May 3, at 6 p.m.
- The Spring Meeting Informational Forum will be held at 7 p.m. Wednesday, May 5, via Zoom.
Activities for children, teens and young adults
- Zoom Sunday School meets at 10:30 a.m. Sundays.
- Cub Scout Pack 697 and Boy Scout Troop 602 continue to meet virtually. Find out more, including how to sign up, here.
- Adult Bible Study with Ken Wyant on Tuesdays at 4 p.m. via Zoom conferencing. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to join the lively discussion. Find out what happened to King David in Samuel 2.
- Study the Old Testament exploring Books 1 and 2 of Kings meets on Wednesdays from 7 to 8:15 p.m. via Zoom.
- Chancel Choir get-togethers and Zoom rehearsals Thursday at 7:15 p.m. Contact Director of Music Chris Peterson for more information. Email Chris.
- Virtual Coffee Hours: After each service, about 10:30 a.m. and noon, each Sunday. Via Zoom.
The IUCC prayer chain continues to be active in intercessory prayer during the coronavirus crisis. Prayer requests can be sent through the church office, email@example.com, or to Lorraine Fox, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Steve & Heidi in the office M, T, W, Th – mail, phone messages, etc.
- Steve checking email and phone messages from home on Fridays
- Pastor Sarah in the office Monday-Thursday