This week’s service
A new video is available each Sunday at about 10:55 a.m. and can be replayed starting at about noon through the following Sunday. The first five minutes are silent with a display of upcoming meetings. The service begins with a musical prelude. A worship bulletin that you can download and print is available here.
You can also participate in weekly worship at IUCC via our Facebook Page. www.facebook.com/irvineucc.
MYP Director David Perez posts a Sunday School video for our young people and families on the MYP Facebook page. Click here on Sunday morning to find it!
Check the Friday update email from Steve for how to join in the virtual coffee hour after the service. It’s a Zoom meeting and because of possible security concerns, we’re not publishing the address here. Email email@example.com if you’re not getting the emails or search for Friday Update from Steve in your mail program.
You can make your contribution to IUCC’s work and witness at: https://www.iucc.org/giving/give-online
The week at IUCC
- Virtual Coffee Hour: 11:45 a.m. each Sunday. Via Zoom.
- Diversity & Inclusion Task Force: 12:30 p.m. Sunday. Via Zoom.
- Adult Bible Study with Ken Wyant on Tuesday at 4 p.m. via Zoom conferencing. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to join the lively discussion. A new series on King David starting with 1 Samuel.
- Midweek Adult Study: Survey of the Hebrew Scriptures (Old Testament) at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday. Steve Swope will lead this online study. Contact email@example.com for the information on joining via Zoom.
- Midweek Adult Study 7 p.m. Thursday or 10 a.m. Friday. New series on love from the right- and left-brain perspectives. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions on how to join via Zoom.
- Women’s Fellowship book group sign ups continue through August. Learn more here.
- Cub Scout Pack 697 and Boy Scout Troop 602 continue to meet virtually. Find out more, including how to sign up, here.
- Virtual Worship: Sunday, Aug. 9. Announcements at 10:55 a.m. with worship beginning at 11 a.m. One virtual service through Facebook and posted above.
- John Pavlovitz in a virtual event for IUCC will be Saturday, Aug. 29. Learn more here.
Email the church office, email@example.com, to receive a link to video study on Zoom! Individual ministries will also be holding virtual meetings. Check your email regularly for invitations to join video conferences and important updates.
The IUCC prayer chain continues to be active in intercessory prayer during the coronavirus crisis. Prayer requests can be sent through the church office, firstname.lastname@example.org, or to Lorraine Fox, email@example.com.
Office hours will be (subject to change):
- Steve & Heidi in the office M, T, W, Th – mail, phone messages, etc.
- Steve checking email and phone messages from home on Fridays
- Pastor Dave in the office M, T, Th & on Sa morning, working from home W (773-255-8095)
John Pavlovitz Zoom event for IUCC set for Aug. 29
“Digital Pastor of the Resistance” John Pavlovitz will speak and answer questions in a virtual event at 10 a.m. (Pacific) on Saturday, August 29, hosted by Irvine United Congregational Church (IUCC).Learn more
IUCC reopens its Early Childhood Center
Irvine United Congregational Church reopened the Early Childhood Center on July 6 with an eye toward keeping children and teachers safe. Classroom size is reduced for each classroom. Each room is thoroughly cleaned daily, and children as well as adults are washing their hands frequently and wearing masks. Children andLearn more
Food donations needed for Families Forward
The harsh reality of hunger in Orange County is that 1 in 5 children are food insecure, unsure of where their next meal will come from.Food donations are needed now more than ever. Families without housing are particularly at-risk during the COVID-19 outbreak. Let’s help to fill their shelves withLearn more
Need a preview of Sunday's sermon or a review of the ones from previous weeks? Each week Pastor Dave highlights the key points he's thinking about as he prepares for Sunday services. Pastor Dave keeps regular office hours, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. Call the church, 949-733-0220, or e-mail him directly, PastorDave@iucc.org, to set up a convenient time.
There are many ways to connect to others at IUCC from caring for others within IUCC to helping our neighbors near and far to advocating for peace and justice. Visit the Ministries Page to find out how to host a coffee hour, help plan parties, participate in youth activities and much more.