Welcome back! Services at 9:30 and 11 a.m. in person and online every Sunday!
Worship service will by in person, online here and on our Facebook page at 9:30 and 11 a.m. Hit the “play” button on the video and it will take you to the service as it happens. A replay should be available below at 11 a.m. and on YouTube and Facebook. Thank you for your patience as we adjust to an ever changing world.
You can also participate in weekly worship at IUCC via our Facebook Page. www.facebook.com/irvineucc. Ask to join our various Facebook groups, including the Group Page for Irvine United Congregational Church, IUCC Diversity & Inclusion, and IUCC: Moment of Reflection to participate in lively online discussions.
Angelica Rowell presenting Black music roots, evolution workshop
Artist, educator, writer (and former IUCC choral intern) Angelica Rowell comes back to IUCC to present an enlightening and inspiring workshop on Black music, its roots, and its evolution in America from 1 to 3 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 25. The cost is $5. The Evolution of Black Music delvesLearn more
Family Promise update: Fundraising begins for House of Ruth
Family Promise has embarked upon a project to triple its capacity to house the homeless of Orange County by building and staffing the House of Ruth. This is a new housing community and a Navigation Center. Seven apartment-style housing units ranging in size from one to three bedrooms will provide short-termLearn more
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re not getting the Midweek or Friday Update emails from Steve Swope. He can also connect you to information about Zoom meetings
- You can make your contribution to IUCC’s work and witness at: https://www.iucc.org/giving/give-online
- Other contact information: https://www.iucc.org/who-we-are/leadership/
- Virtual Coffee Hours: After each service, about 10:30 a.m. and noon, each Sunday. Via Zoom. Coffee hour continues as a virtual event for now.
The IUCC prayer chain continues to be active in intercessory prayer during the coronavirus crisis. Prayer requests can be sent through the church office, email@example.com, or to Lorraine Fox, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Steve & Heidi in the office M, T, W, Th – mail, phone messages, etc.
- Steve checking email and phone messages from home on Fridays
- Pastor Sarah in the office Monday-Thursday
- The office will be closed on Monday, Sept. 6, for Labor Day.
Check the IUCC Calendar for Zoom and other information or contact the church office at email@example.com or 949-733–0220. Many meetings are now returning to the IUCC campus, often as hybrid (Zoom and in-person) sessions. Watch for specific information in the Tuesday or Friday emails from Administrative Pastor Steve Swope.
- Admin Board meet at 7 p.m. Monday, Sept. 20, in Room 106.
- Seekers meets at 10 a.m. Tuesday, Sept. 21 in the IUCC meeting rooms.
- Evolution of Black Music featuring Angelica Rowell is Saturday, Sept. 25 from 1 to 3 p.m. More information.
- Diversity & Inclusion Ministry meets at 12:30 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 26.
- Mission & Service Ministry forum on House of Ruth is at 12:30 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 26.
- Blessing of the Animals will be outdoors in the IUCC parking lot at 3 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 26.
Activities for children, teens and young adults
- Hybrid (In person and by Zoom) Sunday School meets at 10 a.m. Sundays.
- Teen-Tween event at 11 a.m. Sunday, Sept. 19.
- MYP 3rd at 3: Virtual game and activities at 3 p.m. on Sunday, Sept. 19, via Zoom.
- Adult Bible Study with Ken Wyant on Tuesdays at 4 p.m. in Peace Room 106. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about the lively discussion.
- Old Testament Survey, exploring Joshua and Judges, meets on Wednesdays from 7 to 8:15 p.m. via Zoom.
- Chancel Choir rehearsals begin Sept. 9 at 7:15 p.m. in the Sanctuary. Contact Director of Music Chris Peterson for more information on how to join the choir. Email Chris.
There are many ways to connect to others at IUCC from caring for others within IUCC to helping our neighbors near and far to advocating for peace and justice. Visit the Ministries Page to find out how to stay involved even when we're not meeting in person.