Welcome back! Services at 9:30 and 11 a.m. in person and online every Sunday!
Worship service will by in person, online here and on our Facebook page at 9:30 and 11 a.m. Hit the “play” button on the video and it will take you to the service as it happens. A replay should be available below at 11 a.m. and on YouTube and Facebook. Thank you for your patience as we adjust to an ever changing world.
You can also participate in weekly worship at IUCC via our Facebook Page. www.facebook.com/irvineucc. Ask to join our various Facebook groups, including the Group Page for Irvine United Congregational Church, IUCC Diversity & Inclusion, and IUCC: Moment of Reflection to participate in lively online discussions.
Learn the facts behind Critical Race Theory
Do you wonder what “Critical Race Theory” really is and what the fuss is all about? Have you heard someone criticize Ethnic Studies as divisive or unnecessary? Diversity & Inclusion’s next speaker is for you! Dr. Jessica Ayo Alabi, chair of the Department of Sociology, Ethnic Studies, Gender Studies, andLearn more
Technology volunteers needed
We’re looking for persons interested in using technology in worship! Our worship experience has become very dependent on technology, and on people to work it. Now that we have a new sound-mixer board and integrated multiple cameras and on-screen captions, it takes more than one person to run things eachLearn more
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re not getting the Midweek or Friday Update emails from Steve Swope. He can also connect you to information about Zoom meetings
- You can make your contribution to IUCC’s work and witness at: https://www.iucc.org/giving/give-online
- Other contact information: https://www.iucc.org/who-we-are/leadership/
- Join the discussion: Join the Moment of Reflection Facebook group to add your thoughts after Sunday services. You can also join friends on the patio before and after services but we’re holding off on coffee hour for now.
The IUCC prayer chain continues to be active in intercessory prayer during the coronavirus crisis. Prayer requests can be sent through the church office, email@example.com, or to Lorraine Fox, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check the IUCC Calendar for Zoom and other information or contact the church office at email@example.com or 949-733–0220. Many meetings are now returning to the IUCC campus, often as hybrid (Zoom and in-person) sessions. Watch for specific information in the Tuesday or Friday emails from Administrative Pastor Steve Swope.
- Ministry Board meets Monday, Oct. 11, at 7 p.m.
- Advocates for Peace and Justice meet at 12:15 p.m. Sunday Oct. 17.
- Admin Board meets at 7 p.m. Monday, Oct. 18, in Room 106, the Peace Room.
- Seekers meet at 10 a.m. Tuesday, Oct. 19, in the meeting rooms at IUCC.
Activities for children, teens and young adults
- Sunday School meets at about 10 a.m. Sundays after the Fresh Word segment during 9:30 a.m. worship.
- Adult Bible Study with Ken Wyant on Tuesdays at 4 p.m. in Peace Room 106. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about the lively discussion.
- Adult Bible School begins Sunday, Oct, 17, and will meet in the IUCC meeting rooms from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. The topic will be the Gnostic Gospels led by Eduardo Arismendi-Pardi and Craig Repp.
- Chancel Choir rehearsals at 7:15 p.m. in the Sanctuary. Contact Director of Music Chris Peterson for more information on how to join the choir. Email Chris.
There are many ways to connect to others at IUCC from caring for others within IUCC to helping our neighbors near and far to advocating for peace and justice. Visit the Ministries Page to find out how to stay involved even when we're not meeting in person.