The week at IUCC
- Monday, Jan. 27, 6:30 p.m.: Childcare Center Committee meets in Wisdom Room.
- Monday, Jan. 27, 7 p.m.: Administration Board meets in Peace-Justice Rooms.
- Tuesday, Jan 28, 4 p.m.: Bible Study in the Peace Room.
- Wednesday, Jan. 29, 7 p.m.: Scouts BSA Troop 602 meets in Plumer Hall.
- Thursday, Jan. 30, 6:30 p.m.: January Chapter Meeting, Climate Reality Project: Orange County meets in Plumer Hall.
- Thursday, Jan. 30, 7:15 p.m.: Chancel Choir rehearsal in the Sanctuary. If you’ve been considering coming back to the choir and joining for the first time, now is the perfect time!
- Sunday, Feb. 2, 11:45 a.m.: Fellowship Ministry meets to plan the March 7 Winter Party in the Wisdom Room.
- Sunday, Feb. 2, 12:15 p.m.: Ministry with Young People meets with Pastor Dave for lunch in Plumer Hall.
- Sunday, Feb. 2, 12:15 p.m.: Mission and Service Ministry meets in Peace/Justice Rooms.
- Sunday, Feb. 2, 12:30 p.m.: Budget forum in the Sanctuary. Learn about the budget for 2020. Questions welcomed.
Mark your calendars!
The Winter Congregation Meeting will be Feb. 9 at 12:15 p.m. in the Sanctuary.
The annual Winter Party “Love is All You Need” with dinner, dancing and silent auction will be March 7. Details coming soon.
John Pavlovitz will speak at IUCC on March 15. Learn more here.
Did you know? You can now sign up to host coffee hours on Sunday mornings by going to Sign Up Genius.
Writer, activist, pastor John Pavlovitz speaking at IUCC March 15
John Pavlovitz, fired by a megachurch because he didn’t fit in, will find a welcoming audience at progressive Irvine United Congregational Church on Sunday, March 15. He will be the featured preacher in the church’s two worship services (9:30 and 11 a.m) at 4915 Alton Parkway in Irvine. Pavlovitz willLearn more
Nicaraguan Water Project
IUCC’s Mission and Service Ministry is partnering with the Global Ministries Committee of regional UCC and DOC churches to bring clean water to people in need. The committee has sent work teams to Nicaragua over the last decade. They have worked on reforestation projects and rebuilt a water system thatLearn more
‘The Work of Christmas’ begins
On Sunday, we were reminded through Howard Thurman’s poem read by Lesley Wheland and the choral piece by Dan Forrest sung by the Chancel Choir that the work of Christmas continues. Here’s the poem: When the song of the angels is stilled, When the star in the sky is gone,Learn more
IUCC members learn about recycling
On January 24, 13 IUCC members and one friend toured Republic Services residential recycling facility in Anaheim. Terry LePage and other members of the GREEENfaith Committee organized the trip. Here’ are her comments: “The scale is truly impressive! Recycling Coordinator Cathy Nguyen gave an insider’s view on the challenges ofLearn more
Need a preview of Sunday's sermon or a review of the ones from previous weeks? Each week Pastor Dave highlights the key points he's thinking about as he prepares for Sunday services. Pastor Dave keeps regular office hours, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. Call the church, 949-733-0220, or e-mail him directly, PastorDave@iucc.org, to set up a convenient time.
There are many ways to connect to others at IUCC from caring for others within IUCC to helping our neighbors near and far to advocating for peace and justice. Visit the Ministries Page to find out how to host a coffee hour, help plan parties, participate in youth activities and much more.