Beware of scam emails
IUCC staff and leaders will never ask you to purchase or send gift cards or electronic funds for any purpose. Phishing and other schemes use email address that look like they’re coming from IUCC. Contact the church office if you have any concerns about emails you may have received.
This week’s service
A new video is available each Sunday at about 10:55 a.m. and can be replayed starting at about noon through the following Sunday. The first five minutes are silent with a display of upcoming meetings. The service begins with a musical prelude. A worship bulletin that you can download and print is available here.
You can also participate in weekly worship at IUCC via our Facebook Page. www.facebook.com/irvineucc.
MYP Director David Perez posts a Sunday School video for our young people and families on the MYP Facebook page. Click here on Sunday morning to find it!
Check the Friday update email from Steve for how to join in the virtual coffee hour after the service. It’s a Zoom meeting and because of possible security concerns, we’re not publishing the address here. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re not getting the emails or search for Friday Update from Steve in your mail program.
You can make your contribution to IUCC’s work and witness at: https://www.iucc.org/giving/give-online
The week at IUCC
- Adult Bible Study with Ken Wyant on Tuesday at 4 p.m. via Zoom conferencing. Email email@example.com to join the lively discussion. A new series on King David starting with 1 Samuel.
- Child Care Committee meets at 6:30 Tuesday,, Aug. 18, via Zoom.
- Midweek Adult Study: Survey of the Hebrew Scriptures (Old Testament) at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday. Steve Swope will lead this online study. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the information on joining via Zoom.
- Chancel Choir get-togethers and Zoom rehearsals begin Thursday, Sept. 10. Contact Director of Music Chris Peterson for more information. Email Chris.
- Cub Scout Pack 697 and Boy Scout Troop 602 continue to meet virtually. Find out more, including how to sign up, here.
- Virtual Worship: Sunday, Sept. 20. Announcements at 10:55 a.m. with worship beginning at 11 a.m. One virtual service through Facebook and posted above.
- Advocates for Peace and Justice: Noon, Sunday, Sept. 20. Via Zoom.
- Virtual Coffee Hour: 11:45 a.m. each Sunday. Via Zoom.
- Diversity & Inclusion Task Force: 12:30 p.m. each Sunday. Via Zoom.
- Administration Board meets via Zoom on Monday, Sept. 21, at 7 p.m.
Email the church office, email@example.com, to receive a link to video study on Zoom! Individual ministries will also be holding virtual meetings. Check your email regularly for invitations to join video conferences and important updates.
The IUCC prayer chain continues to be active in intercessory prayer during the coronavirus crisis. Prayer requests can be sent through the church office, firstname.lastname@example.org, or to Lorraine Fox, email@example.com.
Office hours will be (subject to change):
- Steve & Heidi in the office M, T, W, Th – mail, phone messages, etc.
- Steve checking email and phone messages from home on Fridays
- Pastor Dave in the office M, T, Th & on Sa morning, working from home W (773-255-8095)
Sofia Portillo explains what factory farming is, how it ties to social and racial justice issues and possible solutions in this presentation made earlier this summer to IUCC’s Green Faith Committee. The video can’t be embedded but the link should take you to a video recording of the event. https://us02web.zoom.us/rec/share/_dYpKrz-q1xObJ3jyBHicPdmLN79aaa8hHRKr6Ben0q2lpN3znTF3au9U7LVKmD5Learn more
Support builds for Family Promise
Family Promise’s Gala brought great results! More than $109,000 was raised. It was a well-attended virtual event. Many thanks to Pastor Dave for sharing IUCC’s support for the good work of Family Promise in a short video. More great news! In the months of Covid-19 stress and quarantine, IUCC membersLearn more
What you need to know about voting on or before Nov. 3
Every registered voter in Orange County will get a ballot mailed to them on October 5. You can return that ballot in three ways.Learn more
Need a preview of Sunday's sermon or a review of the ones from previous weeks? Each week Pastor Dave highlights the key points he's thinking about as he prepares for Sunday services. Pastor Dave keeps regular office hours, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. Call the church, 949-733-0220, or e-mail him directly, PastorDave@iucc.org, to set up a convenient time.
There are many ways to connect to others at IUCC from caring for others within IUCC to helping our neighbors near and far to advocating for peace and justice. Visit the Ministries Page to find out how to host a coffee hour, help plan parties, participate in youth activities and much more.