Join us online each Sunday at 9:25 or 10:55 a.m. here and on Facebook.
The previous service or Facebook post displays until the next service begins. Because of issues with content, per Facebook, replaying videos isn’t always immediately available. Worship services also available on YouTube. To comment in real time, please go to our Facebook page.
New videos are available here each Sunday beginning with announcements at 9:25 and 10:55 a.m. and can be replayed starting at about noon through the following Sunday (although Facebook sometimes blocks the replay). The service begins with a musical prelude at 9:30 and 11 a.m.. A worship bulletin that you can download and print is available here.
You can also participate in weekly worship at IUCC via our Facebook Page. www.facebook.com/irvineucc.
Donations needed for WISEPlace summer event
June’s bin collection will be for a remarkable Women’s shelter and community called WisePlace (Wisepace.org) Here is who they are: WISEPlace is the only Orange County-based nonprofit leading the effort to end homelessness for unaccompanied women. We provide women with safe shelter, counseling and mental health services, case management andLearn more
There are many ways to connect to others at IUCC from caring for others within IUCC to helping our neighbors near and far to advocating for peace and justice. Visit the Ministries Page to find out how to stay involved even when we're not meeting in person.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re not getting the Midweek or Friday Update emails from Steve Swope. He can also connect you to information about Zoom meetings
You can make your contribution to IUCC’s work and witness at: https://www.iucc.org/giving/give-online
Meetings and events this week
See the IUCC Calendar for Zoom and other information or contact the church office at email@example.com or 949-733–0220. Many meetings are now returning to the IUCC campus, often as hybrid (Zoom and in-person) sessions. Watch for specific information in the Tuesday or Friday emails from Administrative Pastor Steve Swope.
- Advocates for Peace and Justice meet Sunday, June 20, at noon via Zoom.
- Administrative Board meets Monday, June 21, at 7 p.m. in the Peace Room (Room 106).
- Live worship returns to the Sanctuary for the 9:30 a.m. service on June 27. No reservations needed. Masks required of anyone not yet vaccinated.
Activities for children, teens and young adults
- Zoom Sunday School meets at 10:30 a.m. Sundays.
- Cub Scout Pack 697 and Boy Scout Troop 602 continue to meet virtually. Find out more, including how to sign up, here.
- Adult Bible Study with Ken Wyant on Tuesdays at 4 p.m. via Zoom conferencing. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to join the lively discussion. Explore the book of Genesis with Ken.
- Old Testament Survey, exploring Solomon in Kings 1, meets on Wednesdays from 7 to 8:15 p.m. via Zoom.
- Chancel Choir get-togethers are on hold for the summer but in-person choir is expected to begin in September. Contact Director of Music Chris Peterson for more information on how to join the choir. Email Chris.
- Virtual Coffee Hours: After each service, about 10:30 a.m. and noon, each Sunday. Via Zoom. Coffee hour continues as a virtual event for now.
The IUCC prayer chain continues to be active in intercessory prayer during the coronavirus crisis. Prayer requests can be sent through the church office, email@example.com, or to Lorraine Fox, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Steve & Heidi in the office M, T, W, Th – mail, phone messages, etc.
- Steve checking email and phone messages from home on Fridays
- Pastor Sarah in the office Monday-Thursday