Mark your calendars!
The 31st annual Pre-Thanksgiving service with University Synagogue will be on Tuesday, Nov. 26 from 7:30 to 9 p.m. at the synagogue, 3400 Michelson Dr, Irvine
The week at IUCC
- Tuesday, Nov. 19, 9:30 a.m.: Seekers meet in Plumer Hall.
- Tuesday, Nov. 19, 4 p.m.: Bible Study meets in Peace-Justice rooms.
- Wednesday, Nov. 20, 7 p.m.: Scouts BSA Troop 602 meets in Plumer Hall.
- Thursday, Nov. 20, 7:15 p.m.: Choir rehearsal in the Sanctuary.
- Sunday, Nov. 24, 7:30 a.m.: Yoga of Recovery with Kelly Garrity in the Wisdom Room.
- Sunday, Nov, 24, 12:15 a.m.: “Art with Bob Ross” and Game Day in Plumer Hall.
- Sunday, Nov. 24, 3 p.m.: Pastor Sarah Averette-Phillips installation at Brea Congregational United Church of Christ.
- Monday, Nov. 25, 6:30 p.m.: Childcare Center Committee, Peace-Justice Rooms.
Did you know? You can now sign up to host coffee hours on Sunday mornings by going to Sign Up Genius.
Toy drive continues through Dec. 8
Would you like to make a difference in the life of a child and warm your heart at the same time? IUCC has had a long standing relationship with Families Forward. This wonderful organization helps local OC families who are homeless or at risk. This year IUCC is honored toLearn more
Pre-Thanksgiving service set for Nov. 26
University Synagogue will host the annual joint Pre-Thanksgiving Service on Tuesday, Nov. 26, at 7:30 p.m. A reception follows. The guest speaker will be UCI political science Professor Jeffrey Kopstein. His topic is “The Promise and Perils of American Democracy.” The service will feature the combined choirs of IUCC andLearn more
‘The Claim of Human Resurrection in the New Testament
A summary of John Dominic Crossan’s remarks at his second seminar on October 26, 2019 – by Tricia Aynes “Resurrection is a metaphor,” says John Dominic Crossan. “If you were there, you could have seen the crucifixion. But metaphor creates reality if you live it, if you participate in it.Learn more
Pastoral search committee publishes Congregational Profile
The Pastoral Search Committee is pleased to provide the Congregational Profile created for IUCC. The committee will present highlights and answer questions at a forum Sunday, Nov. 3, at 12:15 in the Sanctuary. Revised introduction: A Roadmap to the (Final) Church Profile Local Church Profile – Final, November 2019 TheLearn more
Need a preview of Sunday's sermon or a review of the ones from previous weeks? Each week Pastor Dave highlights the key points he's thinking about as he prepares for Sunday services. Pastor Dave keeps regular office hours, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. Call the church, 949-733-0220, or e-mail him directly, PastorDave@iucc.org, to set up a convenient time.
There are many ways to connect to others at IUCC from caring for others within IUCC to helping our neighbors near and far to advocating for peace and justice. Visit the Ministries Page to find out how to host a coffee hour, help plan parties, participate in youth activities and much more.