You can share weekly worship at IUCC as we come together online at either here on the IUCC home page or at www.facebook.com/irvineucc. A worship bulletin that you can download and print is available here. Announcements at 10:55 a.m. Worship begins at 11 a.m. with the prelude.
MYP Director David Perez will be posting a Sunday School video for our young people and families on the MYP Facebook page. Click here on Sunday morning to find it!
Check the Friday update email from Steve for how to join in the virtual coffee hour after the service. It’s a Zoom meeting and because of possible security concerns, we’re not publishing the address here. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re not getting the emails or search for Friday Update from Steve in your mail program.
From IUCC Moderator Renae Boyum: Update to Spring Congregational Meeting date
Because of the Covid-19 emergency and the Governor of California’s order to avoid large gatherings and practice physical distancing, the Administration and Ministries Boards unanimously voted to move the Spring Congregational Meeting from May 17 to June 28, 2020. READ MORE
You can make your contribution to IUCC’s work and witness at: https://www.iucc.org/giving/give-online
The week at IUCC
- Bible Study with Ken Wyant on Tuesday at 4 p.m. via Zoom conferencing. Email email@example.com to join the lively discussion. A new series on King David starting with 1 Samuel.
- Midweek Adult Study: Survey of the Hebrew Scriptures (the Old Testament) at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday. Steve Swope will lead this online study. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the information on joining via Zoom.
- Midweek Adult Study: Paul the Progressive? Concluding the Lenten study sessions. 7 p.m. Thursday via Zoom. Contact email@example.com for instructions on how to join.
- Virtual Worship, Pentecost Sunday: Sunday, May 31, 11 a.m. One virtual service through Facebook and posted here starting at 11 a.m.
Email the church office, firstname.lastname@example.org, to receive a link to video study on Zoom! Individual ministries will also be holding virtual meetings. Check your email regularly for invitations to join video conferences and important updates.
The IUCC prayer chain continues to be active in intercessory prayer during the coronavirus crisis. Prayer requests can be sent through the church office, email@example.com, or to Lorraine Fox, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Office hours will be (subject to change):
- Steve & Heidi in the office M, T, W, Th – mail, phone messages, etc.
- Steve checking email and phone messages from home on Fridays
- Pastor Dave in the office M, T, Th & on Sa morning, working from home W (773-255-8095)
Join in singing the Gathering Song
If you have seen our IUCC Chancel Choir members sing the Gathering Song, you know what a “Virtual Choir” looks like. Director of Music Chris Peterson would like to invite anyone (not just the choir) to be part of this if they want. “I am adding faces each week, andLearn more
Confused about light bulbs? Here are are some answers
Green Faith Committee member and IUCC resident expert on light bulbs Alex Ingal has answers to all your LED light bulb questions. Here’s what he wants everyone to know. Hello everyone! Did you remember to celebrate Earth Day? Forgot? Well at least you are using LEDs to light up yourLearn more
AIDS Walk 2020 now through May 30, virtually
The 2020 OC AIDS Walk is going virtual! We will still have our IUCC Walk the Walkers Team, and potential “walkers” can sign up just like they have in the past. “From April 1st through May 30, we will walk, jog and salsa dance in our own living rooms to helpLearn more
Need a preview of Sunday's sermon or a review of the ones from previous weeks? Each week Pastor Dave highlights the key points he's thinking about as he prepares for Sunday services. Pastor Dave keeps regular office hours, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. Call the church, 949-733-0220, or e-mail him directly, PastorDave@iucc.org, to set up a convenient time.
There are many ways to connect to others at IUCC from caring for others within IUCC to helping our neighbors near and far to advocating for peace and justice. Visit the Ministries Page to find out how to host a coffee hour, help plan parties, participate in youth activities and much more.