This week’s service
The Nov. 22 service is only available at the moment on Facebook: https://fb.watch/1XQIE3AKmG/
A new video is available here each Sunday at about 10:55 a.m. and can be replayed starting at about noon through the following Sunday. The first five minutes are silent with a display of upcoming meetings. The service begins with a musical prelude. A worship bulletin that you can download and print is available here.
You can also participate in weekly worship at IUCC via our Facebook Page. www.facebook.com/irvineucc.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re not getting the Midweek or Friday Update emails from Steve Swope. He can also connect you to information about Zoom meetings
You can make your contribution to IUCC’s work and witness at: https://www.iucc.org/giving/give-online
The 32nd annual Thanksgiving Service with University Synagogue was held Friday, Nov. 20. Watch it here.
Make a New Dimensions pledge for 2021!
IUCC counts on pledges from congregational members and friends to create the budget that funds our child care center, provides music and more during worship, supports our youth and promotes social justice. Make your pledge here.
Office closed for Thanksgiving
- Administration Board meets at 7 p.m.. Monday, Nov. 16, via Zoom.
- Talking about Work discussion group meets meets at 10:30 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 21. Contact Eduardo Arismendi-Pardi for more information.
This week at IUCC for children, teens and young adults
- Zoom Sunday School for grades K-5, 10:30 a.m. Sundays. Contact David Perez for information and. access.
- Zoom Youth Group (grades 6-12) at 1 p.m. and Zoom Young Adult (ages 18-25) Hangout at 2 p.m. meeting Sundays. Contact David Perez for information and. access.
- Zoom Pre-Teen Group (4th – 6th graders) meets Tuesday at 7 p.m. Contact David Perez for information and. access.
- Cub Scout Pack 697 and Boy Scout Troop 602 continue to meet virtually. Find out more, including how to sign up, here.
- Adult Bible Study with Ken Wyant on Tuesdays at 4 p.m. via Zoom conferencing. Email email@example.com to join the lively discussion. A new series on King David starting with 1 Samuel.
- Chancel Choir get-togethers and Zoom rehearsals Thursday at 7:15 p.m. Contact Director of Music Chris Peterson for more information. Email Chris.
- Virtual Coffee Hour: 11:45 a.m. each Sunday. Via Zoom.
- Diversity & Inclusion Task Force: 12:30 p.m. each Sunday. Via Zoom.
The IUCC prayer chain continues to be active in intercessory prayer during the coronavirus crisis. Prayer requests can be sent through the church office, firstname.lastname@example.org, or to Lorraine Fox, email@example.com.
- Steve & Heidi in the office M, T, W, Th – mail, phone messages, etc.
- Steve checking email and phone messages from home on Fridays
- Pastor Sarah in the office Monday-Thursday
Donate food in November
November donations benefit Families Forward food pantry. IUCC traditionally supports Families Forward a few times each year to support their food pantry. The harsh reality of hunger in Orange County is that 1 in 5 children are food insecure, unsure of where their next meal will come from. Food donationsLearn more
Every child deserves a little Christmas
Be part of the IUCC toy drive for Families Forward Would you like to make a difference in the life of a child and warm your heart at the same time? IUCC has had a long standing relationship with Families Forward. This wonderful organization has received four stars from CharityLearn more
Sofia Portillo explains what factory farming is, how it ties to social and racial justice issues and possible solutions in this presentation made earlier this summer to IUCC’s Green Faith Committee. The video can’t be embedded but the link should take you to a video recording of the event. https://us02web.zoom.us/rec/share/_dYpKrz-q1xObJ3jyBHicPdmLN79aaa8hHRKr6Ben0q2lpN3znTF3au9U7LVKmD5Learn more
Support builds for Family Promise
Family Promise’s Gala brought great results! More than $109,000 was raised. It was a well-attended virtual event. Many thanks to Pastor Dave for sharing IUCC’s support for the good work of Family Promise in a short video. More great news! In the months of Covid-19 stress and quarantine, IUCC membersLearn more
There are many ways to connect to others at IUCC from caring for others within IUCC to helping our neighbors near and far to advocating for peace and justice. Visit the Ministries Page to find out how to stay involved even when we're not meeting in person.