This week’s service
A new video is available each Sunday at about 10:55 a.m. and can be replayed starting at about noon through the following Sunday. The first five minutes are silent with a display of upcoming meetings. The service begins with a musical prelude. A worship bulletin that you can download and print is available here.
MYP Director David Perez posts a Sunday School video for our young people and families on the MYP Facebook page. Click here on Sunday morning to find it! His Family Faith Time sessions after Sunday worship are taking a break until July.
Check the Friday update email from Steve for how to join in the virtual coffee hour after the service. It’s a Zoom meeting and because of possible security concerns, we’re not publishing the address here. Email email@example.com if you’re not getting the emails or search for Friday Update from Steve in your mail program.
You can make your contribution to IUCC’s work and witness at: https://www.iucc.org/giving/give-online
The week at IUCC
- Adult Bible Study with Ken Wyant on Tuesday at 4 p.m. via Zoom conferencing. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to join the lively discussion. A new series on King David starting with 1 Samuel.
- Midweek Adult Study: Survey of the Hebrew Scriptures (Old Testament) at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday. Steve Swope will lead this online study. Contact email@example.com for the information on joining via Zoom.
- Midweek Adult Study: Marcus Borg on Jesus scholar Albert Schweitzer 7 p.m. Thursday via Zoom. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions on how to join.
- Cub Scout Pack 697 and Boy Scout Troop 602 continue to meet virtually. Fine out more, including how to sign up, here.
- Virtual Worship: Sunday, July 12, announcements at 10:55 a.m. with worship beginning at 11 a.m. One virtual service through Facebook and posted above.
Email the church office, email@example.com, to receive a link to video study on Zoom! Individual ministries will also be holding virtual meetings. Check your email regularly for invitations to join video conferences and important updates.
The IUCC prayer chain continues to be active in intercessory prayer during the coronavirus crisis. Prayer requests can be sent through the church office, firstname.lastname@example.org, or to Lorraine Fox, email@example.com.
Office hours will be (subject to change):
- Steve & Heidi in the office M, T, W, Th – mail, phone messages, etc.
- Steve checking email and phone messages from home on Fridays
- Pastor Dave in the office M, T, Th & on Sa morning, working from home W (773-255-8095)
Food donations needed for Families Forward
The harsh reality of hunger in Orange County is that 1 in 5 children are food insecure, unsure of where their next meal will come from.Food donations are needed now more than ever. Families without housing are particularly at-risk during the COVID-19 outbreak. Let’s help to fill their shelves withLearn more
Halverson-Cano named new pastor at IUCC
Irvine United Congregational Church is delighted to announce that the Rev. Dr. Pastor Sarah Halverson-Cano has answered the call to be our next pastor. Her first official day at IUCC will be in September. The Search Committee conducted a nationwide search – reviewing many candidate profiles from all across theLearn more
Join in singing the Gathering Song
If you have seen our IUCC Chancel Choir members sing the Gathering Song, you know what a “Virtual Choir” looks like. Director of Music Chris Peterson would like to invite anyone (not just the choir) to be part of this if they want. “I am adding faces each week, andLearn more
Need a preview of Sunday's sermon or a review of the ones from previous weeks? Each week Pastor Dave highlights the key points he's thinking about as he prepares for Sunday services. Pastor Dave keeps regular office hours, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. Call the church, 949-733-0220, or e-mail him directly, PastorDave@iucc.org, to set up a convenient time.
There are many ways to connect to others at IUCC from caring for others within IUCC to helping our neighbors near and far to advocating for peace and justice. Visit the Ministries Page to find out how to host a coffee hour, help plan parties, participate in youth activities and much more.