Grab your pot and spices as it is time for another Chili Cookoff Potluck! After a busy day at the Advent Workshop, followed by an exhausting Snow Play, everyone will be looking forward to sampling and voting on what chili taste best! The chili cookoff is a friendly competition that brings everyone together to connect before listening to a Holly Jolly Concert.
Scroll towards the bottom if you would like to register your chili for the chili cookoff!
If chili making is not your thing? BRING A SIDE! No sign up is needed but please bring your side around 430pm!
How Voting Will Work This Year
When you sample the chili, do not dispose of your 2oz sample cup. Each cup will have a letter on it. Once you have decided what the winning letter is, locate the ‘VOTE HERE’ sign. There will be a person with a clipboard. Tell them or show them the letter you want to win, and they will tally it. Please do not vote more than once. To prevent complications, all votes are final, and we will not accept a change in vote for any reason. Thank you for your understanding.
Once it seems like the majority of the people present has sampled the chili, normal 12oz bowls will be put down for further chili consumption.
Hello Chili connoisseurs!
While last year’s chili cookoff was fun, there were many lessons learned. I hope to make this year’s cookoff smoother and part of that is to follow a few guidelines AND to sign up!
Chili Cookoff, how it is expected to work (this may change as needed)
- When you show up, go to Plummer’s Hall and follow the instructions on the sign on the counter to minimize later complications. Consider filling out the form at the end of this page in order to get a ‘custom’ sign made for your Chili in advance.
- To make sure everyone gets to sample your chili, you are encouraged to make at least 5 quarts of chili (Medium to Large crockpot) in order to accommodate 100 servings at 1.5oz a serving.
- Try to be fair. Don’t advertise your chili online, or brag about it with your peers until after the votes have all been casted. If you see someone doing this, just politely remind them not to. Ultimately remember that this is a friendly competition and the goal is to let people sample your chili, not to win (even though winning is fun)!
- By signing up in advanced, we will have a sign made in advance for your chili. If you don’t want to sign up in advance, that is fine! We will have generic signs standing by and if there is something more specific you want people to know (like vegan chili) we can sharpie that onto the sign but if you want it typed instead, sign up.
- We cannot guarantee that your chili will be hot when people sample it. There are outlets in Plummers Hall but those are limited and depending on the setup, your chili might not be plugged in at the time of serving.
- Please take your chili container home December 3rd. If you forget, I will be placing plastic and foil over your container to keep out the bugs. Anything not claimed by December 10th will be relocated and can be claimed by asking.
Use the below form to sign up! Below that is an example of the signs for the Chili Cookoff.
This is an example of the signs (using the wordage from the sign up sheet example).
Post a comment